I’m Kurt Noe, a programmer and animator from Hawai’i that enjoys designing and developing interactive experiences whether they be through gameplay or utility focused applications. I am always looking to improve my skills and enjoy working with others to create compelling projects and experiences.
I am a programmer with experience with multiple languages and enjoy expanding my skillset.
I enjoy the design process and seeing an idea become realized via a finished project. I am always willing to learn and improve my weak points. I have worked as a programmer for projects ranging from games to educational applications on platforms ranging from mobile phones to VR headsets.
Through my time completing my Bachelor of Arts degree in Computer Science and my Master of Science degree in Computer Science at the University of Hawai’i at Mānoa I have developed experience with the following:
- Languages: C#, C++, C, Java, Python, HTML
- Software: Visual Studio, Xcode
- Engines: Unity, Unreal Engine (basic)
- Project Management Tools: Trello
- Version Control: Unity Collaborate, Github
I am also an animator and 3D modeler that enjoys learning new ways to integrate my animation work with my coding work.
My modeling and animation work has led me to working on a variety of projects from short student films to creating 3D models and animations for games and applications both professionally and for smaller projects such as student work and game jams.
From my time completing my Bachelor’s of Arts degree in Animation from the University and the work that followed after I have developed experience in the following:
- Modeling & Animation Software: Autodesk Maya, Zbrush, Adobe Animate, Adobe Flash, TV Paint, Blender (basic)
- Illustration Software: Adobe Photoshop
- Editing Software: Adobe Premiere, Audacity
Do you need help with an interesting project? Feel free to send me a message at firstname.lastname@example.org
Baby Barbarian and The Player’s Throne
A 2D platformer developed as a teaser for an independent comic book Kickstarter project. Developed in the Unity game engine and programmed with C#.
- Digital comic book control scripting in C#.
- Animation scripting for some player character actions and props.
- Audio backend and scripting to allow for custom control over sound effects and music.
- Audio sourcing and editing done with Audacity.
- Custom sprites for some scene props, player prompts, and animations.
- Gameplay design.
A 2D arcade shooter developed as part of the GameDevHQ internship. Developed in the Unity game engine and programmed with C#. This game was published and can be played here on itch.io (link)
- Player weapon behavior programming
- Co-programmed player weapon system.
- Designed and programmed behavior for basic enemies
- Audio sourcing, editing in Audacity, and programming.
- Created and edited some graphical assets using Photoshop.
Dentition Development AR
An educational tool depicting the development of teeth from ages 5 to 24. Made for Microsoft Hololens for use by medical students at the John A. Burns School of Medicine. An example of the animation can be seen here (link).
- Remodeling and animation work for both skull and teeth using Autodesk Maya.
- Partial skull remodeling completed within ZBrush and imported into Autodesk Maya.
An educational tool developed as my graduate project to complete my master’s degree. Designed to allow Material science students to study and learn about atomic structures in a VR environment. Developed in the Unity game engine and programmed with C# for the HTC Vive Cosmos headset.
Graduate Project – Non-Technical Presentation
Graduate Project – Technical Presentation
- Built custom interaction controls to allow users to manipulate lattice models and interact with menus in the scene.
- Informational pages about the lattice structures and the elements from the periodic table that form them.
- Users can create lattice structures to study from any of the informational menus as well as from a periodic table of elements.
A 2.5D arcade spear fishing game designed as part of Studio Moeā, a local studio start up attempt. Developed in the Unity game engine and programmed with C#.
- Co-designed gameplay mechanics.
- Created some models and images for promotional purposes.
A 2.5D action/rpg that was developed with a 7-person team as a semester project for a video game development class at the University of Hawai’i at Mānoa. Developed in the Unity game engine and programmed with C#.
- Programming lead for the programming portion of the team consisting of 4 people including my self.
- Primary combat designer.
- Player movement and attack scripting in C#.
Thanks for checking out my work!
For business inquiries, I can be reached at: email@example.com
Feel free to message me and I will try to respond as quick as possible. I can also be reached at the following sites: